I was thinking of what five fun, Friday facts to post today – so, here’s my St. Patrick’s Day edition!
1. My maternal great-great-great-grandmother was of Irish descent, as was my paternal great-great-great-great-great-grandmother…so, the mitochondrial DNA on both sides clinches it!
2. I only have one tattoo – my first (and only, so far) is a Róisín Dubh. I love the Thin Lizzy song of the same name, obviously!
3. I’m a natural redhead who, thankfully, doesn’t suffer from pasty, freckled skin. I do use a higher SPF than others who share the same ethnicity and natural hue as I, though! My hair looks very, very, VERY dark brown, most days. In the summertime, when I relax in the sunshine and let my dreadlocks hang freely, the dark auburn highlights come forth and shine brightly. That, along with the fact that dyeing one’s hair needlessly exposes it to harsh chemicals, is why I quit dyeing my hair in my mid-20s. If your hair is like straw, you’ve most likely screwed it up permanently for the sake of stupid, silly vanity! Age has nothing to do with hair health…just sayin’.
4. “Irish-American” whites hate me – but nearly every person from “the Eire,” face-to-face, have been quite open, honest, and genuine. (On a side note, I prefer speaking with people in person, since it is really the only way that I’m able to successfully communicate with others. Face-to-face interactions make it far easier to determine how honest any individual is, IMHO!)
5. Ireland has always been one of the countries on my “must-visit” list, for as long as I can remember! Some parts of the world “call” to me louder than others do. Ireland’s voice isn’t as loud as the ones from Ghana, the Ivory Coast, or Somalia, but it is far louder than the voices from New Zealand or Japan! Don’t bother me with any assumptions on that…if you can’t relate, then kindly STFU.
With that, here are five fun, Friday songs to really get the weekend started with a bang! Happy St. Paddy’s Day, dear readers – be sure to check out my epic gameplay on my Twitch channel, as this weekend will be devoted to shameless laziness and hedonism as my birthday approaches!