I’ve been trying to think of something good for the past few days. Something fun, funny, and light-hearted. Something to shed a tiny, positive light on the travesty that occurred earlier this week…but it’s damned difficult! My thoughts have been in a whirl. I’m a realist and a cynic – I have been since junior high school. Words are failing me, because there just aren’t enough to describe the depths of my anger. There aren’t enough words to describe how loathsome, foul, disgusting and sick the supporters of the Drumpf are. On that note, I can say this with complete honesty:
Hate won. There’s no way around it. Hate won. The things that are happening to kids in school, and people at workplaces, tell the tale. Fucking racist bullies are saying and doing unspeakable things to their fellow classmates. Racist sacks of shit are going out of their way to harass, harangue, and harry their coworkers. We get it. Hate won, and you racist, fucked-in-the-head freaks are happy. Oh, and quit being all butt-hurt over being called what you are, you inbred, white-trash, cross-burning, murdering sacks of shit. I find it hilarious that there are some people out there who get all upset over being called, or thought of as being racist – but they are unconcerned about the existence of racism itself. Being called a racist makes them madder than the existence of racism itself. Go figure that one out.
Yes, hate won the day. This country can go back to the “glory days” of the 1940s and 1950s…what a grand notion, eh? People with some twisted sense of nostalgia are delighted. The bust of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., will be removed by the Drumpf – I’m betting that a bust of Stalin, Lenin, or Hitler will soon grace the Oval Office; perhaps all three will be present, with the confederate flag as a backdrop. The White House might even get the ‘gold finish’ treatment that the soon-to-be narcissist-in-chief will be demanding.
In the midst of this, though, there are still a few things that I can be glad for:
1. I didn’t vote for the Drumpf, so I’m not part of the problem. Blame the RethugliKKKans and the Tea-Baggers, the party who welcomed him and his sick, hate-filled ideologies with open arms. Put the blame where it belongs: on the psychotic whites who couldn’t stand the fact that a Black man is in the White House. Hell, they can’t stand the fact that Black people walk around free – but that will change. Get ready for nationwide “Stop & Frisk” laws…
2. I don’t work in an office – I work from home. I’m glad that I didn’t have to look with shock and disgust at my fellow co-workers, as many of you did on Wednesday morning. I’m glad that I don’t have to listen to political bullshit being spewed at the water-cooler or the break-room. Thank the gods and goddesses for small favours.
3. My son’s place of employment is more relaxed and casual than most, so he is safer than most other people are. My niece and nephews, though, are still in school. Since ice-skating is now possible in hell, I believe that I’m going to open a Facebook account, for the sole purpose of family support. I’ll be able to help them with bullies if I know exactly what happens at their school.
4. I live in one of the saner states in the union; the beautiful state of Washington – the Evergreen State. “West Coast = Best Coast.” I’ve been proud to see people demonstrating in Seattle, Portland, OR; Tempe, and Oakland. If I still lived in Vancouver or Seattle, you can bet that I’d be out with the others waving a sign and wielding a bullhorn. I haven’t been at a demonstration since WTO. Who knows? I just might attend a few more during the next four years.
5. It’s Friday. Happy Friday to my friends and acquaintances in the blog-o-sphere. We’ll get through this shit-storm together, I hope. It’s also Veterans Day, so I honour those who served – especially my father, my deceased uncle, my brother, my brother-in-law, and every member of my family that I don’t even know about yet. I come from a line of warriors and fighters who have bled and died for this country. What happened this week is an insult to them, their service, and their memory. I honour them more than ever, today.
Enjoy these three songs. I’m going to do some gaming for a bit – time to take out some aggression in a harmless way in my virtual world. No matter what, I’m always going to “Keep it 100%” – take that any way you wish.