I’m feeling all warm and fuzzy this morning…Loki’s Little Hippie Witch nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and Ann over at Grubbs n’ Critters nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award – I’m happy and humbled! Also, Paul over at wwwpalfitness gave out an unofficial nomination for a Liebster Award with no real rules, so I’ll add that to this list…I think that it counts, don’t you?
First, my Liebster Award nominees:
The rules for both the ‘Sunshine’ and ‘Sisterhood’ awards are similar, so I hope that it is all right to combine them into one post. I will be nominating 11 bloggers for each award, though, so there will be a total of 22 blog-links by the time I’m done with this!
The Sunshine / Sisterhood blogger awards rules:
• Thank the person that nominated you. Done.
• Answer the 11 questions from your nominator. Done.
• Nominate 11 bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer. Done – with a caveat!
Questions from Loki’s Little Hippie Witch:
1. What drew you to blogging? (I’m recycling this one because it’s a great question!)
Many things – I love to write and keep daily journals, so blogging was just a new way of doing so. Now that I’m working on my autobiography, blogging is a way to take a break from it and shift my focus – writing about one’s life is difficult, especially when there are many painful moments – but it is healing as well. I’ve been blogging for a little over 10 years now, but my WordPress blog is the one I’m the happiest with…the 3rd time was the charm!
2. What sparked your Great Adventure on your current path?
Being stuck in a job that was going nowhere. I wanted to work towards a career in that field, but was hindered by co-workers and so-called supervisors. I realized that I was never going to get ahead in that corporation, no matter how hard I worked, so being let go was a blessing in disguise: I moved away from the city, my health has improved, and my stress levels are the lowest they’ve been in years. Now, if I could just get my hubby to work out in his shop more often, so that I can write in peace, I will have accomplished a great feat!
3. Who do you gain the most inspiration from?
The voices in my head.
4. If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?
An undersea volcano.
5. Your favorite way to relax and unwind?
Listening to good music and dancing like a maniac, or watching something funny and laughing like a fool.
6. There’s a bug in your house… Squish it or save it?
Save it – especially if it’s a spider.
7. If someone double-dog dared you to do something ridiculous and possibly embarrassing, but not harmful, would you do it?
Yes – but it would depend on who is daring me, and the location of the dare!
8. Your favorite element?
9. Name one place you’ve never been but would love to visit.
10. What’s your favorite song and why do you love it?
Oh, this question is tough…I love so many different songs! If I had to pick one off of the top of my head, though, it would be “The Voice” by The Moody Blues. It has so much going on in it, musically, and the lyrics are always uplifting and inspiring to me.
11. What’s your ‘guilty pleasure’?
All righty, now…here is my big ol’ buttload of nominees! First, the “Sunshine Bloggers” – you all are getting this award because your blogs always bring a ray of sunshine in my world!
Next, the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers” – you all are getting this award because we’re sisters in heart, spirit, and / or soul…and I think that it’s a great thing!
Elfkat – Adventures & Musings of an Arch Druidess
The Star Scrolls
My Silly World
A Cooking Pot & Twisted Tales
Lynz Real Cooking
Toast & Tea Together
Fabulous With Glitches
I can’t think of any good questions, because I want to ask each person 11 questions that are unique to them…so, anyone who responds or participates is free to share anything that they’d like to about themselves! I look forward to reading all of the responses.